What To Do When You Get Your Bloom2Bloom Flowers
Sometimes, after the journey to your doorstep, your flowers may look a bit sleepy! That’s okay, and normal! Get them perky and lively again with these simple steps:
- Trim those stems as soon as you get them! You may be tempted to skip this step, but once flowers are cut, their ends start to dry out, which cause them to close up if they aren’t immediately placed in water. Be sure to trim them at an angle so when they are placed in a vase they have a greater surface area to absorb water. If you cut them flat, they may lay against the bottom of the vase and prevent your stems from getting water!
- Use cold water to fill your vase. Hot or warm water is bad for flower stems! Aim for room temperature to cool water, especially in the warmer spring and summer months. Remember, fresh flowers can take an entire 24 hours to fully rehydrate. Give them time to sip up that water!
- Feed those blooms! Add the flower food that comes with your Bloom2Bloom flowers to the water.
- Keep them away from sunlight and warm areas. Hot spots are not good for blooms! Keep them away from open, sunny windows, heater vents, or any place that heats up. It will cause your flowers to open and wilt very quickly.
- Switch the water out daily. Fresh (cool) water will help your plants perk up fast! Considering changing the water every day if you can, or at least every other day.
For truly fresh flowers, always opt to buy flowers grown right here in the U.S. Most of the flowers sent from Bloom2Bloom are grown in sunny California, where more than 75% of U.S. grown flowers come from. They are picked just 24 to 48 hours before they leave the farm, giving you some of the freshest blooms possible!